Guidelines from the Southern California Conference
We are integrating in-person indoor services on Saturday/Sabbath at 11 AM (10:45 check-in). While we have very much looked forward to in-person worship, we all know that the COVID-19 virus is far from over, and we all want to enjoy indoor services while protecting each other and our extended family as much as possible. The guidelines are subject to change and in-person dates due to unforeseen situations. As we resume in-person indoor services, we are doing so with multiple safety measures in place. As time goes on, modifications will be made to our measures, and we will keep you informed as these occur.
Summarized below are some of these measures:
Keep in mind; LA County is still in the Yellow Tier Covid-19 spread category. Here are the guidelines per LA County Public Health Office and Conference Guidelines if you plan on joining us:
• If you or a member of your family unit has had fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea within 10 days of the church service, we are asking that you do not attend and take advantage of online services.
• Upon arrival at the church, per California guidelines, there will be a temperature check done and asked if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath If you or a member of your family has a fever of 100.4 or over, or answered yes to the questions you will be asked to return home and take advantage of online services.
• When you arrive, the parking< lot will have markings to guide you into stalls in such a way where there is one empty parking space between each car.
• Each of your family members must wear a mask upon entering and at all times, with the exception of children under age 2 and individuals with breathing difficulties.
• Wash and/or sanitize your hands upon arrival (sanitation stations will be available) and any time after you move around.
• Fixed receptacles will be provided for offering, as offering plates will not be passed. You are also encouraged to continue to give your tithe and offering online via Adventist Giving.
• While we all enjoy and are blessed by these activities, gathering at the front for prayer, children’s stories, etc., will not occur at this time.
• There will not be in-person children’s programming available at this time. Kids Corner for Primary and below will be on-line and you can ask for the code at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All children must be in direct supervision of their parents or guardian at all times.
• No in-person Adult Sabbath School. However, our online classes will continue.
• Bring your Bible as there are no courtesy Bibles or Hymnals available at this time.
• There will be visual cues as to where to gather inside and outside. There is 6ft distancing to place you or your family within that space which will be set apart by 6ft spacing.
• Upon dismissal, continue to be mindful of the six-foot social distancing guidelines until you are back in your vehicle.
We are all looking forward to saying, "hi" in-person. Thank you for helping us create a safe space to connect with God and each other as family. We can do this with God's provision through your support and able hands. There is needed support, and if you can volunteer some time to assist in setting up let us know at email@example.com.
G.L.O.W. (Giving Light to Our World) makes tracts for members to hand out. One tract in particular is appropriate and relevant for our time called "Corona Virus and Immunity". Click on the link to be taken to their website to read and/or buy any of the tracts.
Due to COVID-19, all SDA churches in the Southern California Conference will be following the guidelines as noted on SCC Website http://scc.adventist.org/coronavirus/faq (updated April 8, 2021)